Wednesday 23 January 2013

Books..books...and oh.. Books

I can't believe I actually finished reading 3 books in such little time. I'm not surprised because this is a huge achievement per se but more so because this is what I used to do a long time ago. Just read. So, to be able to actually get back to it was quite pleasant. I do wish I was able to spend hours just curled up in my favourite chair and read, but have to you know, do grown up things like go to work, do the dishes, laundry etc.

My reading these books ( Michael Connelly - Three Great Novels Vol 1 also means that I am 3 books in to my 15 book challenge - taken up as part of Off The Shelf 2013 and which hopefully means I should be putting a small dent into the "have read" section of my book collection.

I love legal fiction and I love whodunnits as well and Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series is a bit of both which is perfect for me. So the next set of books on my list are:

A Darkness More Than Night - Michael Connelly - the next in the Bosch series and also brings in Terry McCaleb, another Connelly regular. Lots of suspense, intrigue and drama - the perfect mix for me.

The Mayor Of Lexington Avenue - James Sheehan - Now as I mentioned before, I love legal fiction and this book promises me that if I "...like crime novels, legal thrillers and courtroom dramas..." I'll love this book so let's see if Sheehan matches up to John Grisham.

The Lincoln Lawyer - Michael Connelly - the first in the Mickey Haller series! Strangely enough it was the film version of the book that got me reading Connelly and from Haller I went to Bosch - totally the wrong way around. Also, I love Matthew Mcconaughey so although the film is brilliant, am sure the book is better.




Now I was going to continue with the Bosch series but I seem to have a few books in between missing and I'm weird that way - I have to read/watch things in order - so since the point is to read what you have and not what you've bought this year, I shall mix it up a little with a different book in between and then continue with the Mickey Haller series because those I have in order!!!




Let the challenge continue....





No comments:

Post a Comment